Housing Specialist-The mission of the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933, the IRC has 26 offices in the United States and a presence in over 40 countries. The Housing Specialist secures and coordinates the furnishing of safe, sanitary, and affordable housing for newly arriving refugees and provides related logistical support.
|USD 21.12 – 22.68 Hourly
|Salt Lake City, UT USA
|Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
Some key job responsibilities: Which are not limited to:
Housing Specialist-Identify and secure safe, sanitary, and affordable housing for newly arrived refugees in compliance with established program requirements.
Conduct ongoing outreach to current and prospective landlords and property managers, building strong working relationships with the goal of increasing access to housing for refugee families and coordinating client home repair requests as needed. Collaborate effectively with colleagues and partner organizations to support a positive rehabilitation experience.
Housing Specialist-Coordinate the logistics of housing set-up, including ordering and arranging delivery of furniture and supplies, arranging utility hook-ups, signing leases and facilitating renewals, arranging payments, and conducting home safety inspections. .
Housing Specialist-Implement high quality procurement protocols, including researching potential new vendors, following proper financial and purchasing procedures, and maintaining required documentation.
Housing Specialist-Meet recordkeeping requirements.
Use personal, insured vehicle and/or public transportation (where available) for travel and material transportation as needed in the service delivery area.
Housing Specialist-May train and lead activities of support staff, volunteers and interns.
Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience is required.
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations preferred.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy and networking skills; Ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success in working and communicating effectively in multi-cultural environments.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving with a proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Great organisation, planning and logical skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); Ability to use the Internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- Ability to lift ~50 pounds regularly.
- A combination of standard office environment and field time within the service delivery area to fulfill the responsibilities outlined above.
- Occasional weekend and/or evening work may be required.
Housing Specialist-The posted salary ranges apply to US-based candidates. The categories are based on a variety of factors including the labor market, type of job, internal equity and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to defined job requirements.
Housing Specialist-Gender Equality: The IRC is committed to reducing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive safety protocols and other supportive benefits and perks.
Housing Specialist-Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Housing Specialist-We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Housing Specialist-American Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid vacation days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month Insurance, and vision insurance starting at $5.
per month, FSA for health care, child care and traveler costs, a 403b retirement savings plan with immediate vested contributions up to 4.5%, plus 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 years vested), disability and life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program that is available to our employees and their families to assist with counseling and care during times of crisis and mental health struggles.