Senior Mechanical Engineer
To become a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you typically need a combination of education, experience, and skills.
|4 November 2023
|$89650 – $152460
|Nashua, NH, USA
|Nashua, NH, USA
|At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being
|Engineering & Technology
Senior Mechanical Engineer Qualifications:-
- Senior Mechanical Engineer-Start by earning a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or a related field. This usually takes four years and provides you with a strong foundation in engineering principles.
- Begin your career as an entry-level mechanical engineer or engineering intern. This experience will help you apply your knowledge in real-world settings.
- After gaining several years of experience, advance to mid-level positions where you can work on more complex projects and take on greater responsibilities.
- Senior Mechanical Engineer-Consider focusing on a specific area within mechanical engineering, such as thermal systems, aerospace, robotics, or HVAC, to become an expert in that field.
- Enhance your technical skills related to mechanical design, analysis, and simulation using software tools like AutoCAD, SolidWorks, ANSYS, or MATLAB.
- Mechanical engineers must be adept at solving complex problems and have a strong understanding of physics, mathematics, and mechanics.
- Senior Mechanical Engineer-Develop project management skills to effectively lead and manage engineering projects.
- While not always mandatory, becoming a licensed Professional Engineer can enhance your credibility and career prospects.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in the field through workshops, seminars, and online courses.
- Become a member of organizations like the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) to network and access resources for career development.
Senior Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:-
- Lead the design of mechanical systems and components, ensuring they meet project requirements, codes, and industry standards.
- Conduct stress analysis, thermal analysis, and finite element analysis to assess the performance and safety of mechanical systems.
- Manage and oversee mechanical engineering projects from conception to completion, including defining project scopes, timelines, and budgets.
- Senior Mechanical Engineer-Coordinate with interdisciplinary teams, including electrical engineers, civil engineers, and project managers, to ensure the successful execution of projects.
- Contribute to the development of new products or the improvement of existing products by providing technical expertise and innovative solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize product designs for functionality, cost-effectiveness, and manufacturability.
- Create and maintain detailed engineering drawings, specifications, and documentation for manufacturing and assembly.
- Senior Mechanical Engineer-Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations, such as ASME, ISO, and ANSI.
- Plan and conduct experiments and tests to validate the performance and reliability of mechanical systems or components.
- Analyze test data, identify issues, and implement design modifications as needed. Risk Assessment and Safety:
- Identify potential risks associated with mechanical designs and implement safety measures to mitigate these risks.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards and regulations relevant to the industry.
- Provide cost estimates and assist in budgeting for projects, including material and labor costs.
- Work to optimize designs to meet cost targets while maintaining quality and performance standards.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior engineers and engineering teams.
- Share expertise and best practices to help develop the skills of less-experienced engineers.
- Investigate and resolve complex engineering problems that may arise during the design, manufacturing, or testing phases.
- Employ critical thinking and problem-solving skills to find innovative solutions.
- Ensure that all designs and projects meet relevant regulatory and compliance requirements, such as safety standards and environmental regulations. Continuous Improvement:
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in mechanical engineering technology and best practices.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and implement them as necessary.
- Effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, including presenting project updates and reports.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records of project progress, including design changes, decisions, and outcomes.
Senior Mechanical Engineer Benefits:-
- Senior Mechanical Engineer-Full-Time Salary Range: $89650 – $152460
- Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being
- Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance
- We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance
- Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave
- Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards
Important Links :
Senior Mechanical Engineer-BAE Systems Electronic Systems is one of the business sectors of BAE Systems, a global defense, aerospace, and security company. BAE Systems Electronic Systems focuses on providing advanced electronic and information technology solutions for a wide range of applications, primarily in the defense and security sectors. Here’s more information about BAE Systems Electronic Systems:
BAE Systems Electronic Systems specializes in designing and manufacturing advanced electronic systems and components, including communication systems, sensors, and electronic warfare technology.
The sector is known for developing cutting-edge radar and sensor technologies for various applications, including surveillance, intelligence, and defense.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems produces electro-optical and infrared systems used for surveillance, targeting, and navigation, particularly in military and aerospace contexts. The company also focuses on information technology and cybersecurity solutions, as ensuring data security and information assurance is vital in modern defense and security environments.
Senior Mechanical Engineer-BAE Systems Electronic Systems designs avionics systems and components for military and commercial aircraft, including flight control systems and navigation equipment. The sector provides a wide range of products and services, including but not limited to:
These include ground-based, naval, and airborne radar systems for tracking and surveillance. Development of secure communication systems for military applications, as well as data link technology. Systems for electronic countermeasures, electronic support, and electronic attack. Products for accurate navigation, target identification, and friend-or-foe identification (IFF). Services and technology to protect sensitive information and networks from cyber threats.
Senior Mechanical Engineer-BAE Systems Electronic Systems invests heavily in research and development to stay at the forefront of technological advancements in the fields of electronics, communications, and information technology. The sector collaborates with governments and industry partners to develop innovative solutions that address current and emerging defense and security challenges.
Read More: Senior Mechanical Engineer